Friday, November 4, 2011

Reason For Our Absence...


We have spent the past two months on our knees.  It is amazing how quickly you can be brought to remembrance of how precious life is and how incredibly giving our Heavenly Father continues to be.  It is no secret that Dallas and I have been trying to start a family.  It’s been a long frustrating and heartbreaking journey over the past three years.  We have become accustomed to the sadness of receiving negative results test after test.  And have become even more accustomed to the sadness that follows after receiving positive results and then weeks later being crushed by miscarriages.  I know there are several people that can relate since loss is so constantly prevalent in our day-to-day lives. 

At the beginning of September we found out that we are pregnant again.  It breaks my heart to admit that we wouldn’t allow ourselves to get excited.  Immediately the fears and worry returned from the previous experiences.  I love Dallas so much.  I am constantly baffled as to how I ended up with someone so kind, loving, patient, and understanding.  He has held me through some of the hardest weeks, trying to not feel anxious while being frightened every time I would feel a cramp.  He has come home to a house full of messes and not full of food; to a crying wife worried that the worst would happen.

It is in these moments of fear that I have turned to our Heavenly Father; to ask for comfort and peace and to fill my heart with hope again, which He has done so.  We have heard our baby’s heart beat (three times now), seen our baby bounce around (and I’m pretty sure, wave to me), and have felt all of the extremely “fun” symptoms that a pregnant mom feels during the first trimester.

Even though we are still very scared, I keep telling my family that it helps to know that there are people out there excited for us; so that when our fears and worry overwhelm us we still know there are people celebrating.

We have successfully made it through the first trimester, finishing up 13 weeks…further than we have made it before.  Our little one is due the first week of May and we couldn’t feel more blessed.

So I apologize for our absence; for my not responding to emails, texts, and voice mails and not keeping updated on our blog.  My life right now consists of sleeping, eating, and more sleeping.  I should probably also try to fit in a little grocery shopping for Dallas at some point…

22 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kirsten, I can totally understand what you are going through. I had a miscarriage last December and then I am pregnant again due in 3 weeks. After having a miscarriage once, you just tend to be scared and worried it will happen again. I have been worried we would lose this baby the entire pregnancy. Things work out and Heavenly Father protects and blesses us. I wish you the best and hope all is well in your home. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! That is such great news. I am so happy for you and Dallas and I'll keep you in my prayers! Love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, yeah, yeah!! I am so happy and excited for you! I will keep you in my prayers and hope that this baby makes all your dreams come true!

    P.S. Did you know I'm also due the first week of May? We get to have babies together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you I could cry! Take care of yourself and let me know if I could do anything for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! This is the HAPPIEST news! We couldn't be more thrilled for you both. That's one lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Kirsten and Dallas! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kirsten, I got your message on my blog- i glanced at my phone just as I was starting to teach, and was so distracted I could hardly teach because I was SO excited for you!! What a hard experience and what joy!!! I hope I can meet your little one when we come. The wedding is May 12th. We haven't booked flights yet, so I'm not sure exact dates we are coming going. I'm going to be stalking your blog to find out if it's a boy or girl!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kirsten, I am so happy for you two and I will keep you in prayers that everything continues to go well. You are going to be such an amazing mom (and from the sound of it Dallas will be a great dad too) :-)! Congrats!!!
    p.s. I read your blog, but have trouble commenting on some blogs because my computer is annoying...I made sure to find a way for this post though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I'm thrilled for you and will keep you in my prayers. Congrats on making it through the first trimester. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray! So happy and excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love you sooo much!!!! I felt there was something happening... I wish I could b ethere to be your slave!!! just imagine you could just hand me your to do or sit there and command!!! I KNOW Heavenly Father has blessed you with such a WONDERFUL husband because YOU are so wonderful yourself. I will be now joining you on knees bent that all will be well and succeessful for your little family. You have been amazing with your neices and nephews and i am sure you will be doubly so with your own. Our biggest hugs and kisses to you both!!(but you do the kissing..lol) and Yes CONGRATS my 'daughter'.. Arohanui Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the best news I've heard in a long time! So happy for you! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love your guts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah...so I may have gotten all teary as I read this post. Kirsten, I'm SOOOOO happy for you both, love, love you, and you're gonna be the best and cutest mother in the world as the Lord blesses you! You'll for sure still be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately and wondering when you'd get the chance to be parents. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats you two!! I'm so happy and can't wait to see all the updates from you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am just so happy for you two! Congratulations! I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very happy for you two and hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy for you guys! Congrats! Lora is expecting on May 7 and my nephew and his wife are expecting a week after that. So excited for all these May babies. Infertility is definitely a struggle I understand and am sorry to hear about your difficulty in conceiving to full term. Good luck and I'm glad you've made it passed the scariest time.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed