Saturday, November 14, 2009

Beauties of San Francisco


It is so easy to forget the beauties that surround us when we are busy with our daily lives. This is why I LOVE when people come to visit us! Whenever we have friends come to the bay area, we show them some of the treasures that make up this incredible home of ours. Recently, Dallas's good friend from college, Mandy, came for the weekend. She is taking up a hobby in photography and wanted to see different architecture, including the Golden Gate Bridge. Is it weird that I think barbed wire is extremely beautiful?

While walking along the Golden Gate Bridge, we watched the surfers below catch the waves. Their is an interesting reef that runs along the side of the bridge that produces some cool waves, so you'll see lots of dare devil surfers hanging out in the FREEZING water. You gotta give them props for their determination.

You can't come to San Francisco without visiting the Palace of the Fine Arts. This is by far one of my most favorite places in the city. There is such a peaceful atmosphere with the countless ducks that circle throughout the pond and the gorgeous colors of the columns and dome.




We thought it would be fun to take Mandy to Baker Beach which is on the west side of the Golden Gate Bridge in the Presidio. I've never seen such huge waves! They were crashing so close to shore that the runoff foam covered most of the sand up to the rocks...absolutely spectacular! This was taken right before I realized how strong the waves would hit...yes I was covered up to my waist with ocean water laughing and trying to not get washed away!






I could spend all day just listened to the crashing waves on shore. I feel so unbelievably blessed to live in such a gorgeous area, where I can see this beauty any time I want to! So if anyone wants to make a trip to the bay area, feel free! We are always up for the fun!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I will come visit again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are great! I LOVE the Palace of Fine Arts too, that is my favorite place in SF! I'm so sad I didn't even thinking about visiting you the two times I was there this summer! Gosh I'm a jerk! We'll have to make it out there again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are beautiful! Love them and you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kirsten, Welcome to the world of blogging! I didn't know you had a link until I saw it on Mara's page. Hope you don't mind me peeking in :) Looks like you're doing great; I love seeing all your adventures. Hope everything is going well! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooohhh I miss the ocean so much. Jer and I lived in LA for the first 3.5 years of our marriage. CA is the best place for newlywedhood. :D Glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on my way (never been there)! :) Looks like things are going great for you. Your kids are going to be Gorgeous! So good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that you found my blog! So I stalked you from afar. :) I don't think you have anything to worry about not being funny and definitely not about having cute kids! It was fun to see what you're up to. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed