Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's Genetics!

Dallas and I have been thinking a lot lately about starting our family. I know that Dallas will be the most amazing father and I've LOVED seeing how he interacts with my nieces and nephews. I do have a small confession...I know I am totally biased on this topic, but I honestly feel/know that I have the most ADORABLE nieces and nephews in this world...therefore my nerves come in with "What if our kids aren't as cute as the rest!?" Ok I know that is a totally vain thing to even care about, but honestly, how can there be so much cuteness in one family!? Personally I'm hoping that because there is so much cuteness in our family that the genetics are on our side :) I guess only time will tell! I'm hoping our kids will have Dallas's amazing dark curls, gorgeous eyes, and smile. Here's to genetics!!
The following pictures give a little glimpse at how dang cute our family is!!

Best friends and cousins, Max, Lincoln, and Rulon.

My oldest brother Bryan has 4.5 kids with his gorgeous wife Heather (she's due with their 5th in December and I'm sure they will be just as gorgeous as their other children!) Their oldest son, Max.

Their eternally beautiful daughter, Mara.


Their second daughter, Natalie.

Lastly, little Katrina with the cutest lips!

Natalie and Katrina ready for dance class (above) and with their gorgeous mommy, Heather.


My second brother, Erik, also married a girl named Heather and they have had four just as beautiful children. This is Lincoln, the birthday boy.

Their second son, Rulon, is quite the character!


Then they had a little princess, Ellis.


Daddy's girl!

Their most recent addition is William, born in April.


Last but definitely NOT least, is the adorable little Emma. My younger brother Richard married a total hottie wife, Leisha, and Emma is a product of their great genetics!! Leisha is also due with their second in March.



So now you can see why I may be a little nervous bringing life into the world with such cute predecessors. Hopefully it will work in our favor, but if it doesn't, maybe I'll just keep posting pictures of them :)
Obviously I realize that no matter what our children turn out like I will love them with all of our hearts...my mom did so with me!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck! Everyone seems to be pregnant; it's awesome--definitely your turn! :D Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you need to worry. you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you totally know your kids are going to be little hotties. Start worrying about how to teach them to be humble. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have the cuties kids with a lot of attitude!! Once you get past the morning sickness its so fun to be pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute nieces and nephews indeed! And of COURSE you and Dallas will too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kirsten! I've been looking for your blog forever... I'm glad you started one so now I can see what you're up to! You're adorable- of course your kids would be too! Love Allie

    ReplyDelete
  7. If your kids have half your looks...watch out world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly, you will think your children are the most beautiful thing in the world and no other children will be as cute as yours. It's true. I totally feel that way about Mack.

    Secondly, I think Mara is a spitting image of you! So, I imagine that your children will look similar to her, since your genetics are strong enough to carry to your brother's children. Heather and Bryan's girls crack me up, because I see you in Mara, the Bair girls in Natalie, and Katrina reminds me of Stacy. It's like a blast from the past when looking at their family.

    I hope everything goes well and your family is easy to start (unlike some of us). Keep us all posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I forgot to say that I swear all the Adams' kids are SOOO adorable! Gina's, Stacy's, Brett's, Jimmy's, plus your siblings (especially Emma :)) You have nothing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha. i totally understand. i tell my sisters that even if my kids are ugly, they have to keep telling me how cute they are or else i'm gonna get really insecure... i so can't compete with them. :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed