Monday, November 22, 2010

Disneyland

Any who know me, know that I'm a child at heart.  Maybe that is why I love my profession; working with elementary students.  And one of my absolute favorite places on earth is Disneyland.  Oddly enough I do not remember going as a child...too young to remember, but frequently took trips there in my college years.  Several of my close friends throughout the years, have loved the opportunity to forget our worries and return to our youth...yes, we all probably have "Peter Pan" complexes!  Some of my most cherished memories have been made behind the glittering walls and lights of this make believe wonderland.  

For this reason, I have wanted to take Dallas here for the past few years.  He, on the other hand, does not share my obsession.  He does not dislike Disneyland, but simply does not have strong feelings either way.  So you can see why when we decided to take a trip with our friends, two days were the most I could squeeze out of him.  



We ended up having a blast and loved the nonexistent crowds.  It was incredible to walk up to the entrance of every ride and walk right on...literally NO LINES the entire two days!  Dallas was an amazing sweetheart and indulged me with warm churros, a romantic trip to Snow White's wishing well in the dark, princess searching, ride after ride, photo stops every other minute, and staying the entire opening to close park hours.



It was so much fun to go with Tammy and Glenn and their little girl, Stella.  Oddly enough, I had never been to Disneyland with a child, so it added the magic of seeing Stella's face light up continually.  She is currently obsessed with The Nightmare Before Christmas and we were able to find the main characters Jack and Sally for her to take pictures with.  This time of the year is also great, because during the holidays they redecorate the entire Haunted Mansion ride with the Nightmare Before Christmas theme.  We were extremely exhausted after two days of hopping back and forth from Disneyland and California Adventures, but we loved every minute of it!  Well...I'm not going to share my horrifying first experience on the "Tower of Terror" ride...you'll have to ask Dallas about that one!


4 comments:

  1. You'd never been there with a kid before…oh wait, neither have I.

    Never mind…

    I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should count ourselves as the kids though...I mean do you remember how we all acted!? :)
    Dallas was pretty funny with me, because he literally had to hold my hand the entire time, so I didn't wander off or get distracted...I'm sure you can imagine my attention span!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Disneyland. I would be jealous... except I was just there a few days ago. Wish I was there WITH you though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, I wish I was there with you too! Did it end up raining on you guys? How was the weekend?

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed