Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pereira's Goodbye Party

 Pereira Family: Carlos, Lisa, Jenny, Jules, Lacey, and Jakey
Anyone who knows me, knows I don't like change.
It's weird to think that Dallas and I have been married and living in Pleasant Hill for 3 years now.  I remember moving here, excited about being married to Dallas and starting our life together, and yet at the same time scared to death to start a new job and find new friends.  I look back over the past three years and feel so unbelieveably grateful for the blessings that have been placed in our lives; one LARGE blessing being the Pereira Family.

I don't know when it happened or how it happened; whether it was just through the ward, or teaching their daughters in primary, or having her children at my school, or having Tammy as our close mutual friend, but Lisa became a dear friend to me.  Dallas and I found ourselves being included in on family trips to Capitola, Muir Beach, and weekly weigh-ins for our weight loss competition.  We found ourselves laughing for hours listening to Carlos, Glenn, and Dallas rant and rave about who-knows-what and somehow convincing Dallas that jumping off the Pereira roof into their pool while wearing Carlos's swim trunks was a good idea!  We found ourselves wrestling with all the kids while trying to watch conference or, more appropriately, the super bowl.  I enjoyed lunch dates and photo shoots with Lisa and her four gorgeous kids.  We found ourselves best friends with one of the most amazingly kind and loving families we had ever met.

Recently job opportunities have encouraged this incredible family to move to southern California.  Case in point...my fear of change.  I realize that it's an amazing opportunity for their family and I'm so happy that things are working out for them, but selfishly I sit back and wish it wasn't happening.  We have already had to say goodbye to our close friends, the Aydelotte's, who moved to Utah at the end of April, and now the Pereiras.  I know that change is a major part of life and it's a blessing in desguise, but it is hard none-the-less.

To help say goodbye and celebrate the years the Pereiras have lived in the area, there was an open house held in their honor Sunday night.  It was so much fun to be able to see all the people that have been affected and felt loved by this family.  They have had such an impact on all those they are around.  I hope they realize how much they are loved, how much they will be missed, and not be annoyed with how often I come down to visit!

Enjoy the many faces of just a few who love the Pereiras! 
(Make sure to click on the images to enlarge.)






Carlos, Lisa, Jenny, Jules, Lacey, and Jakey, Dallas and I love you all so much.  We are so grateful to be able to consider you family.  We can't thank you enough for opening your arms to us and sharing your friendship, humor, and love of life.  It's not goodbye, since we will be seeing you again, but we will miss the daily interactions and seeing your lovely faces so frequently.  
We love you.

2 comments:

  1. Kirsten, you have been blessed to have good friends all through your life. Isn't that wonderful? I can tell you why you have been so lucky,because you are such a good friend! You always meet life with a smile, full of fun and adventure. To you everything is just a party waiting to be planned and enjoyed. You seem to attract people wherever you are and love and are loved in return. That observation from a mother that loves you very much! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is past midnight and I should be in bed!! I just read this and am quite tearful! Our family....all 6 of us will feel a hole without you when we do finally leave for SoCal! We truly love you guys! Thanks for everything, especially your friendship! Can't wait for new years!!!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed