Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Perfect Surprise

Today I spent a perfect day at the beach.
One of my closest friends, Lisa, is moving to southern California in a couple weeks and I am trying desperately to spend as much time with her and her family as possible before they leave.  It was a perfect day laying out under the warm sun, watching her kids play in the chilly waves, eating fun junk food you never allow yourself to buy, and talking for hours about anything and everything.

When I arrived home several hours later with my skin fried to a crisp I found these on my doorstep...


The card read:
To my lovely wife, because I miss you and can't wait to get back to you.

I called Dallas right away to thank him and give him obnoxious kisses over the phone.  Sometimes I sit back and just ask myself how in the world I found this man?  Why would someone so wonderful, kind, and thoughtful have chosen me?  I guess it's moments like these that make the snoring and ESPN watching seem so minuscule :)

1 comment:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed