Friday, September 9, 2011

Seattle: Point Defiance Rose Gardens

 The weekend in August Dallas and I flew up to Seattle to see Les Miserables, Dallas had to work one of the days in the Seattle office.  Heather and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to visit Point Defiance Rose Gardens near Tacoma.  My two youngest nieces, Katrina and Sadie, were super excited to see all the gorgeous flowers and I was more than happy to take several pictures of it all.
 Each entrance to the garden had a long archway path covered in flowers.  I felt like we were walking into the "Secret Garden."  Sadie is quite the character and it was all we could do to make sure she didn't tear apart all the petals as we passed.  I love this shot of Katrina kissing Sadie.  They are both such sweet girls and I absolutely LOVED being able to spend such quality time with them!

 There were several different paths we were able to explore.  I loved the different wooden arches and benches spread throughout the garden.  They also did an amazing job with the mix of colors from all the different types of flowers.
 Katrina was such a great model!  I have never had her so willing to smile for the camera.  There were even several times where she would say, "Ooh take a picture of me here!"  She was also pretty cute dancing through all the tall rows, as demonstrated in the picture below.  Sadie was hilarious to watch.  She would be walking and jumping around and then the next minute lay on the ground for a break.  At one point we looked over and she had sat herself down right in the middle of a gorgeous flowerbed.  Needless to say those flowers were pretty squished when she stood a few minutes later.


 When we left the garden, the neighboring park was covered in geese.  It was pretty cute to see Sadie chase after them and Heather chase after Sadie trying to save her from the annoyed geese.

2 comments:

  1. The flowers are so pretty, and I think that last picture is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photo's are amazing. the flowers are BEAUTIFUL, just like you !!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed