Friday, December 18, 2009

Disneyland!


Ok, so I may be 29 years old, but there is something inside of me that clings to the youthful joy that certain things evoke; namely sparkly glitter jeans, teen literature, and Disneyland! I don't remember the first time I entered this magical park full of plastic; I was under a year old being carried by my mother. I do, however, have fantastic memories as an adult throughout the past decade with multiple friends all craving one thing...the thrill of being a child again!

My latest journey back to my childhood took place the first weekend in December when I went to see my good friend Tracy in Disney's production of Candlelight. Since she was going to be in rehearsal for most of the day, my other good friend met me at the park to be my ride buddy. Maren drove from Las Vegas that morning to spend some quality "Kirsten-Maren" time together. I can't put into words how much I love Maren...I could dedicate a whole blog just to our countless adventures together, but that will be for another time. For now I will stick to our most recent day of fun!
Maren and I were quite excited to enter the park! We also found out that Maren has the perfect arm length to take pictures.


I absolutely LOVE the detail Disney puts into decorating for Christmas. Each area of the park had a different style; all gorgeous.


This picture was taken before we went on all the rides. Isn't Maren just adorable!?


We ate at a cafe in the New Orleans area and there were thousands of glittery Mardi Gras beads hanging from the buildings and lamp posts.

One of my favorite changes Disney does during the Christmas season takes place at the Haunted House. They redecorate the outside and inside as the Nightmare Before Christmas. The transformation is seriously amazing.


Disneyland isn't Disneyland without the CHURRO! One of my favorite roommates, Annie Traynor, taught me that!


Sleeping Beauty's Castle is my absolute favorite spot in Disneyland. They cover it with hanging icicles made of white lights.


I also loved the lights addition to the Small World ride. They redecorated the inside for all the different celebrations throughout the world during the Holiday season.


This was taken at the end of the day after riding the Matterhorn. Our hair had seen better days!


Just some last pictures capturing the magic of our day together!






3 comments:

  1. Best blog post ever! Perfect amount of writing and pictures. Well done Kirsten - well done. Although I will say I've had better jumping pictures. It will be hard to beat the Alchatraz jumping pictures. I'm glad you always take tons of pictures so that I don't have to ever worry about it! Disneyland was great - we'll have to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have spent all day with you guys. Looks like you had a blast. Disneyland is quite magical at Christmas and you captured it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were there just a week after you. I miss you. I'm so glad you have a blog. I'm gong to be a better blogger this year, I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed