Thursday, April 29, 2010

Point Lobos State Park


Monterey is a perfect example of a Northern California beach town. It is home to the world renown Monterey Bay Aquarium and is surrounded by stunning cliffs and acres of eucalyptus trees. Point Lobos is a state park about 10 minutes south of Monterey along the Pacific Coast Highway 1.


My friend Alex took a group of us there back in 2005 and I have been in love with it ever since. Because it is a longer drive than most (about 1 1/2 hours from our home) I only get to take friends here that are staying for a few days. Janelle and Jason had never been to Monterey, so we started the day at Point Lobos for a picnic and then hiking along the cliffside. The tide was strong enough to show off some incredible waves along the coast line and we ended up spending a few hours just taking in the view.



I could stay here forever, especially in the spring when all the wild flowers are coming out...gorgeous!


After Point Lobos we drove into Monterey to check out the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I have a yearly pass because I love it here so much! They have the most incredible displays. Not to mention that it's massive!


After the aquarium we ate along the pier. I was a bit on the exhausted side and may have been a little loopy, but Jason was sweet enough to drive us home!

The hero hard at work on his photography...object: me!

8 comments:

  1. Pretty pictures! With that last picture... I am guessing a lot of these pictures were taken with your friends camera? I heart Canon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so in love with that place! those pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took four of the above, but yeah his pictures were amazing! Dallas and I are trying hard to save up for a nice one like you and Jason have. Hopefully we'll make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, you are making me want to vacation or live in California. How beautiful! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go, Girl, Go!! Look at you crank out a couple of blog posts a day! Of course, when you have such amazing subjects....

    ReplyDelete
  6. N- come visit anytime!! We have an extra bedroom and we love to use it!!
    J- you guys are quite the subjects! My next post will be about Alcatraz and then Haight street...man I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kirst, you are a blogging maniac lately! I don't know if I will be able to keep up with it!

    EXCELLENT subject matter though.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed