Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fun in the Emerald City

To ease the emotional pain of my youngest brother leaving for his mission, I drove over to Seattle to spend some time with my family and friends.  
My oldest brother, Bryan and his wife and kids live just south of Seattle.  They were kind enough to let me crash their weekend for some crazy aunt time.  Amazingly enough I had never been to Snoqualmie Falls, so we drove the kids up to North Bend where Bryan was waiting for us.
The hike down to the base of the waterfall was closed, but we were able to walk along the observation deck up top.

The Falls were gorgeous; I wish the pictures did it justice.

I absolutely love my nieces and nephews!  Max is finishing up fourth grade, Natalie is finishing kindergarten, Katrina started preschool, and little Sadie joined us in December.  Their house is a house full of princesses and pink ponies...poor Max :)
I just wish we lived closer!

The Happy Family



 
             Max is so grown up!                 Doesn't get much cuter than this smile!

I couldn't get a good picture of Katrina and I, she was a little tired after waking up from her nap early.  I did however get a magical moment with Sadie, before she started crying again...just enough time for a cute picture!



While I was in Seattle I met up with one of my close friends that I lived with in New Zealand, Lisa Holman.  She came and visited me in the Fall and it was so fun to catch up with her again!
Lisa is one of those girls that everyone who meets her absolutely adores her.  I truly feel blessed to have had her as my close friend for over seven years now!
I love you, girl!

Thanks everyone for making my weekend so much fun!  I am so blessed to have such amazing family and friends!


2 comments:

  1. Fun. I have always wanted to go there. And I agree, I like Lisa a lot. :o)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed