Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dallas turns 30...a couple months ago

I'm slowly making it through our pictures from the past couple months, so I realize that Dallas turned 30 back in December, but he is just too adorable to not post about it.

I asked Dallas one time if he hated having his birthday three days before Christmas and his response was "Why would I hate that?  I just got more presents."  Our first year married we were in Ephrata for his 28th birthday and my mom made a big dinner in his honor.  Then we went around the table and everyone said one thing they loved about Dallas.  Needless to say, the only thing he asked for this year was to NOT do that again :)  We did however keep the big family dinner.  My little brother Stuart was home for the holidays, and my little brother Richard and his wife and two daughters now live in Ephrata, so we had a fun gathering.  We kept the Perkins' tradition of making him a checkerboard birthday cake, but once again mom and I failed to see the "checkerboard" in our creation.  We had a fun day of opening present, eating food, and sleeping (which was especially needed since he had been working 18 hour days leading up to our vacation!)
Happy 30th, my husband!  I'm sure by the time you're 60 I'll finally have mastered the checkerboard in your  favorite cake!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday a while ago, Dallas!

    That cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed