Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fairmont Hotel San Francisco


I LOVE SAN FRANCISCO

I'm not sure how I would ever leave the bay area!  
Dallas and I spent the holiday week up with my family in Washington.  And like any good vacation it just never seems long enough.  So we decided to extend our trip one more night.  Instead of driving across the bay bridge, we decided to spend a romantic night at the Fairmont hotel after flying into San Francisco.  

The Fairmont San Francisco is truly a landmark for the city, opening in 1907 it soon became the venue of glittering balls and presidential visits; including the United Nations charter signing.  Personally my favorite frequent guest would be Ella Fitzgerald, the jazz goddess herself.  The halls are lined with chandeliers and pictures of past and present celebrities.  It was incredibly beautiful, with endless shine to attract my sparkle driven eye.

We stayed on the 20th floor with an amazing view looking out over the city and ocean.  
My favorite, though, was the floor to ceiling christmas tree and life size two-story edible gingerbread house.  I wish my pictures could do it all justice.

It was the absolute perfect and romantic way to end a relaxing holiday break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed