Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Flashback: Life on the Farm


So I didn't clear these pictures with my mom and dad, so hopefully they enjoy the walk down memory lane!  I just have to say that I LOVE how quickly fashion changes through the years.  I mean back then, Dad was really stylin' in his mustard plaid suit!
I figured for the second Friday Flashback I would show some pics from my childhood.  I truly believe that I have the most amazing family.  I'm sure several people probably feel that way, but I look back at how and where I was raised and I feel so incredibly lucky.  I grew up on a tree nursery in the middle of Central Washington and am the middle child with five brothers.  It is interesting to see how kids are raised these days (TV, computers, Blue Ray DVDs, iPads, iPhones, Wii, Nintendo DS, Apple TV) and how different it was for us on the farm.  We didn't even have internet til I had graduated from high school.  Contrast that with how my brothers, cousins, and I were all raised; spending hours on end creating imaginary games in the orchards and shipping piles, swimming in the canals, riding four wheels, and anything else we could possibly think of.  I wouldn't have had it any other way!
Hope you enjoy just a glimpse of our crazy Adams family...






Oddly enough, this is a very common sight...sweats and shorts hiked up to belly buttons while dancing around.  Dad started this trademarked dance when we were just kids, now the grandkids have caught on as well.  My three younger brothers surprised us as being Dad's backup dancers on night...priceless!


When I think back to my childhood, it is full of memories of laughter and craziness.  Of course I could be looking through rose colored glasses and only remembering the good times :)
Whatever the case, I'm so grateful for the life I've had.

I'm also grateful I have pictures to prove what a rockstar my daddy was!
Lookin' fly, dad!




4 comments:

  1. Knowing your folks now, it's great to see them 'then.' It's also nice to see a few shots of the 'yesterday you.'

    Excited to see you in a month or so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fun to see you when you were little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! It is so fun to see your old family pictures - I never knew your dad had blonde hair! (:

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed