Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tao: Martial Art of Drumming

There is nothing like a couple hours of loud intricate drumming to get your blood flowing! Dallas surprised me with tickets to a Japanese touring group called Tao. They specialize in the Martial Art of Drumming. Basically it was AMAZING! I wish I could put into words the incredible talent that goes into the musicians that perform throughout the show. Imagine the stamina and strength of a Samurai pounding on a drum for 90 minutes straight! They train in the gorgeous hills of Aso-Kujo National Park where they train not only as musicians, but athletes as well. Hopefully you can tell from the pictures, just how athletic these people are! They tour for 6-7 months out of the year all over the world, so if your able to see one of their shows it is totally worth the cost!
Thanks Honey, for the fun surprise! I had a blast tonight!




6 comments:

  1. Wow, quite the impressive group! The video alone says tomes about this group. But the question is this: Would you rather see them again, or "Wicked"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool! I would have loved to go to something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look amazing! How fun!! And this is how you should answer J's question...."Luckily I don't have to choose!!" Aren't we going to see Wicked in April??? (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you guys!
    J- "Luckily I don't have to choose!" :) But I'd probably choose Wicked because I could sing along. I tried to drum along to Tao on Dallas' leg...needless to say I was quickly restrained! I don't know how Dallas puts up with me sometimes :) I was a bit excited!
    T-You would have LOVED it! They have a website that lists all their shows. They might be coming to 'an area near you' :)
    Janelle-If you want to see Wicked in April we better get tickets now, so let me know if that's one of the things you want me to plan into our Fun schedule...yes I have the days planned out with absolutely the best activities EVER! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kirsten you just like watching those buff bodies working up a sweat! I want to come and play with you and Janelle - no fair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tao sounds AMAZING!! I'm you had a good time. You should have let someone know you can do a Kung Fu Fighting clogging routine and I'm POSITIVE they would have had you perform along with them! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed