Thursday, January 28, 2010

Looking back through 2009

January

We started out the year going to a Warrior's basketball game with our cousins, Greg and Heidi.

I spent Labor Day with my sister-in-law, Heather, and her three adorable children. We caught the ferry to Pier 39 and walked around the different shops. I was even pulled up on stage to help with a magic show. I had to hand him three large knives while he balance on a board and then I had to set his hands on fire...yes it was quite the ordeal!


February

One of my closest friends from Utah, Tracy, came out to spend President's Day weekend with us. We spent the weekend exploring China town, Pier 39, Palace of Fine Arts, Golden Gate bridge, and Stinson Beach.


After several months of begging, Dallas took me to the Japanese Tea Gardens at Golden Gate Park. It was beautiful!



March

Dallas and I spent a fun weekend in Monterey with our cousins Greg and Heidi where we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and played in the endless tide pools.


Thanks to our parents, we were able to see Wicked at the Orpheum Theatre in San Francisco with my brother Erik and his wife Heather.

April

We spent a day at the beach with our two nephews, Lincoln and Rulon, and our niece, Ellis, while Erik and Heather prepared for their fourth little one to join their family. Will was born on April 21st and is such a cuddly addition!




May

For our monthly get away Dallas surprised me and drove me down the California coast line. We stopped at the Pescadero light house along the way and couldn't help but fall in love with the scenery.



June

June turned out to be a bittersweet month. It's always nice to start the summer, but not only did I have to say goodbye to an incredible group of students that had been such a huge part of my life the past 9 months, but I also had to say goodbye to my profession, hopefully only for the time being.




July

We decided to celebrate our one year anniversary traveling through Thailand. Dallas hadn't been back since his mission and was super excited to show me around his old stompin' ground. We spent the first part of our trip in the northern regions, Chaing Mai, where we rode on elephants, pet tigers, rafted down the river on a bamboo canoe, and were participants in a cobra show. We then flew down south to Phuket and Kho Phi Phi Don where we snorkeled with tropical fish, fed monkeys on a deserted beach, and literally fried most of our skin off. To finish off our trip we flew to Bangkok where we shopped for hours within the street markets, visited the gorgeous Buddhist temples, and celebrated my 29th birthday. It was a perfect vacation full of incredible adventures!






August

Dallas' little sister, Ashleigh, got married in the Salt Lake City temple to Robbie Brown. It was a VERY windy day and yet Ashleigh remained gorgeous...not sure how she does that!

While we were in Salt Lake we were able to meet up with some of my great friends from my Provo years: Tracy, Desiree, and Abby. I love these girls!

Bradley, my youngest brother, came to visit us in the Bay area the last week of August. We had a blast showing him around, especially Pier 39 where he was pulled up on stage to help the street performer...he was NOT very happy with me :)

September

Mom flew me home for a week to attend the one year anniversary of my little niece, Mara's, passing. There was a community balloon releasing and then we spent the afternoon decorating Mara's grave. It was a beautiful way to remember such a beautiful girl. While I was home Mom and Dad also took my cousin, Gina, and I to Wicked in Seattle.

October

Maren flew up from Las Vegas to visit for a week! We went to a Giant's baseball game, took a tour of Alcatraz, visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and went shopping in the city.


New Zealand Girl's Weekend! Katy, Heather, Lisa, Ari, and I spend the weekend in Monterey, visiting the sites of San Francisco, and goofing off at the beach.


November

My nephew, Lincoln, turned 8 and was baptized. His cousin Max flew from Seattle to spend the weekend to help celebrate.

My close friend from college, Jackie, got married at the Oakland temple. We were also able to see Jill, Alex, Kyle, Tess, and Whitney for the festivities! It was a great reason to have a reunion.

Dallas's close friend from Washington D.C., Mandy, came out to visit so we showed her the sites of San Francisco.

December

I drove down to Santa Barbara to spend the weekend with one of my close friends from my Provo years, Tracy.


I met up with Maren to spend a magical day playing at Disneyland. There is NOTHING like Disneyland decorated at Christmas time!


We spend a fun filled week in San Diego going to the Wild Animal Park, Sea World, Whale watching, Balboa Park, and the San Diego Zoo. Thanks again to Kim and David for taking care of us while we were visiting!

We spend the holidays in a VERY snowy Casper, Wyoming.

Our Christmas gift to each other; tickets to the Cirque du Soleil show, O, in Las Vegas.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, when it is all compiled into one setting you had a pretty full year of adventures. So glad you've taken beautiful pictures to share with us!
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just met Tracy at a masquerade ball this last weekend. It sounds like many adventures were had this last year with you. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I made it in many of your 2009 adventures! Thanks for leaving out he who shall not be named. :o) Miss and love you lots!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed