Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bucket List

On my first date with Dallas I mentioned that I had made a list of several different things I wanted to accomplish before I died. I had slowly been crossing things off my list throughout the years; swimming with sting rays, graduating from college, seeing U2 in concert, rafting down the Nile river, just to name a few. This is where he got the romantic idea of taking me on a hot air balloon ride on our second official date; thus the theme of our wedding announcement. I have continued to add to my "bucket list" over the years and LOVE the chance to mark off any item I can. Most of my items center around traveling and the endless adventures one can find from not only seeing the sites, but learning and loving the people of that given area. The other day my friend emailed me this link to a youtube video entitled "Where the Hell is Matt." I couldn't help but smile while watching, fully seeing my bucket list played out by some random stranger and his serious bad dancing skills. I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did!


7 comments:

  1. You can thank ME for this link - I told him to send it to you - that you'd LOVE it. I'm glad I was right. (:

    So, I'm just wondering.... why was "swimming with sting rays" BEFORE graduating from college?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janelle! You know I have my priorities when it comes to my bucket list...not to mention that it took me forever to graduate since I kept changing my major! Truthfully though, I swam with stingrays in Cayman which was after I graduated and had a paying job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this video totally made me smile. I loved it. And since we are basically the same person, you know I have a lot of the same desires with the bucket list... which makes it perfect that we saw the bucket list together. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome Kirsten. I only wish to travel to so many places in my life time. Good for you to have a bucket list. I hope you achieve the impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ian and I happened upon this video several months ago. For some reason it makes us both tear up a just a bit. It is just too happy to not cry over, I guess. Glad that you found somebody to fulfill your Bucket List with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh. Wow, this only reiterates that I too want to go so many places! Maybe once I graduate--again, I can do something in another country. This is crazy ridiculous, who's been that many places?! I do adore his little dance that he does everywhere, it's awesome! Thanks for sharing lovely lovely dear girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first saw it, it made me feel connected to the world. Sounds like it did the same for you, too. I'm glad Janelle suggested that I send you the link...

    Miss ya, girl.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed