Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas in Casper


We've been trying to get back into a routine, so I apologize for my lateness in posting about our holiday adventures. The reality of busy season is in full swing and I haven't seen Dallas for more than a few minutes a day for the past couple weeks, so it is nice to think back over our holiday break again; when we were physically in the same room!
After spending a week in San Diego, we caught a flight to Casper, Wyoming to spend the holidays with Dallas's side of the family. I knew this was going to be a little difficult for me. It was the first time in 29 years I was not going to be with my family and our crazy traditions.
I am truly grateful for the fact that I absolutely LOVE the Perkins side. It always makes me sad to hear my friends whom don't get along with their in-laws. I must confess there is one Perkins member that I clash with...Kelly. No matter how hard I try, my allergies just will not let me
near their golden lab.
The Perkins are a fun-loving group of people who have a definite talent for amazing cooking, incredible vocal skills, and endless card games...Grandma's got some serious skills in that department!
It wouldn't be Christmas without snow and Casper was definitely not lacking in the snow level! It snowed for four days straight, which was just enough to let me enjoy the absolute beauty before leaving to the warmth of Las Vegas!
Dallas LOVED our photo shoot outside and didn't complain a bit...I hope you can all sense the sarcasm in that comment!

Kristie shows off one of her presents from Dallas and I...can you tell what it is!? Dallas was pretty proud of his wrapping job.

It was funny to see how similar Dallas and his dad, Drew, are. They are quite the duo.

Kelly loved her new toy from her big sister, Ashleigh.

Ashleigh and Robbie brought Rock Band for us all to play. We ended up staying up til 2am playing it on Christmas Eve. Kristie and Drew led with some incredible vocals.

Overall, we had a great time over the holiday break. Yes I missed the Adams festivities, but I am so grateful to have amazing in-laws who made me feel right at home!




2 comments:

  1. Hooray! You updated! Looks like fun and I really love your snow pictures and I am so glad you love your in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had fun - I'm glad!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed