Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Las Vegas Adventure






For Christmas we bought each other tickets to the Cirque show O playing at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. We had heard amazing things from our friends and were so excited to see it. We did not plan things too well as far as when our flight from Casper got into Vegas, so we were already nervous about time when we got to the airport. Sadly, as we checked in they told us that our flight was two hours delayed and that would mean we would not make it to the show on time. It is times like these that make me absolutely love Dallas. I of course started crying; the poor girl at the counter didn't really know what to do, but sweet Dallas just held me and immediately started to think of ways to "fix" the problem. Within the hour he had been on the phone with our hotel in Vegas, found someone to buy our tickets to O for that night, and switched our tickets so we would still be able to see it. He is such a sweetheart! That meant that we would be staying in Vegas an additional two extra nights, and would need to find another hotel, but things all worked out! We were able to walk the strip with thousands of other tourists, meet up with one of my good college friends, and take LOTS of pictures in the process. O turned out to be an incredible show. The staging was amazing where it would be a tank of water one minute and then drained the next. I have literally never seen anything like it. Luckily we were able to sneak out of the crazy Vegas area the morning or New Year's eve, so we were not accosted by the numerous drunkards layering the streets. I guess there is only so much of the strip one can take! It was definitely the perfect way to end our three week adventure, though, and I loved every second I could spend with my hottie of a husband!!

4 comments:

  1. Fun pictures! Dallas's facial expressions crack me up. I love that you guys have so much fun together. Makes me want to go to Vegas.... I think I will. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirst - Sounds like you guys had a blast. Thanks for taking us along on the photo journey. It was awesome!

    I was talking to Nells last night and showed her a video. She said, "That is TOTALLY Kirsten!" Well, with encouragement like that, I thought I'd share it...you might have already seen it; if so, I apologize.

    Love ya!

    http://teachinfourth.blogspot.com/2009/10/connecting.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason! That was seriously one of the best clips I have ever seen! It truly sums up my "bucket list"! And I loved your thoughts behind it as well. Thank you for sharing it with me...I will probably end up posting it on my blog as well :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed