Thursday, March 31, 2011

Princess Party

It's no surprise that Dallas and I want children.
It's been a roller coaster of ups and downs over the past couple years trying to start a family and not having success.  To ease the pain, I try to spend as much time with the children that are around me.  Usually this would entail babysitting my nephews and niece or planning a fun outing with friends and their children.

Last week I decided to throw a princess party for two of my close friends, Tammy and Jenny, and their little girls, Stella and Tori.  Tammy and her family will be moving to Utah in a few days and Jenny wanted me to get some cute shots of their girls together before they left.  I thought this would be a perfect excuse to decorate the house with pink and purple and revert back to my party planning days.


The party began by picking up the girls in their "royal carriage."  Dallas was seriously concerned I was going to go out and rent a pony or something, but I had to draw the line and use our imagination with a simple wagon.



It was so much fun to see the girls' reaction when they walked into the room with a floor full of balloons.  Needless to say there was a lot of squealing.  I had four different stations for the girls: "Pin the Princess in Her Castle", "Princess Memory", "Princess Story Time", and "Princess Sing-A-Long".  I probably shouldn't announce this, but Dallas actually helped me with the game ideas.  He's such a sweet heart!

The girls playing "Princess Memory"

Jenny made the cutest cup cakes and had the girls help decorate them.  They loved their crazy straws and powdered doughnuts.


After treats we all hopped on the blow up mattress in front of the big screen and sang along to all the princess songs...dancing was of course involved!


It was so much fun to have Stella and Tori over to party!
I realize that this whole day was more for me than anyone else.  It's oddly therapeutic to plan ellaborate parties focused on princesses instead of moping in the reality of not having children of your own.

So above all, thank you to Tammy and Jenny for letting me borrow your girls for an afternoon of fun!  I needed it more than I can say.  Love you girls!


4 comments:

  1. CUTE!! I love the last picture of the two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a nice friend! That's the cutest little princess party I've ever seen. I'm stealing some of your ideas (or Dallas' ideas!) I love your blog and pictures so much. Love Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you've found your new career...party planning! that looks like it was so much fun and you did such a good job! love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, no one can ever accuse you of doing anything halfway (not that anyone who observes you would try)! So much fun, and super cute, with the girls and then later with the boys, great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed