Friday, April 1, 2011

Flashback Friday: Changing a Flat Tire

You'd think being raised on a farm I would have learned how to change a flat tire sometime in my childhood.  I guess my stubbornness for princess treatment weathered down the hearts of anyone who tried to teach me these important tasks.

In May 2008, my good friend, Tracy, and I decided to take a late night excursion to the dollar theatre.  I wish I could remember what we wanted to watch so badly!  When I pulled into a parking spot from a hard angle I ran over and off the curb.  We both knew the minute we heard it all happen that it was not going to be good.  We quickly got out of our car and found the front right wheel had already flattened onto the pavement.  Now, any other adult would have thought to deal with the problem...not us!  We decided that the 10:00pm movie was more important and we would deal with it later.  This is one of the reasons I love Tracy so much, we can find the most ridiculous situations and turn them into a fun story!  So we enjoyed our movie and when it got out past midnight we returned to my car and back to reality.  Who were we going to call so late at night?  Who would be willing to help us figure out how to change a flat tire?

Enter...Clayton.

Clayton was a good friend of ours and the epitome of bachelorhood.  He was the perfect candidate to come rescue a couple of girls from a movie parking lot at almost 1am on a weekday night.


Bringing his roommate for back up, Clayton showed up with a smile on his face and tools in hand.  He showed us step by step how to change a flat and even had us participate in the action.  You'll notice that in the above picture I am more concerned about not messing up my new nails, since my bridal pictures were going to be in a couple days, than the actual process of changing a tire.  Tracy, of course, was up for the challenge and couldn't wait to get in on the action!

After a half hour we were set, new tire and all.  
I guess the moral of this Flashback Friday would be...it's important to learn how to change a tire...OR...know someone who at anytime would drop everything to come help you out of a jam.
I guess they would be called AAA.

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Funny thing is... I was going to use this as one of my Flashback Fridays. I also wish I could remember which movie we were going to see... I'm sure it was a chick flick. I also love the fact that we didn't want to do anything about it until after the movie. Good times. Good times. I miss hanging out with you Clayton and Mike.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed