Saturday, April 30, 2011

Harry Potter World: Hogsmeade

 (MAKE SURE TO CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE)

I mentioned in my previous post that I spent the past week in Orlando, Florida with one of my closest friends, Tracy.  Our main purpose for our trip was to explore Harry Potter World at Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure.  We are both huge Harry Potter fans and couldn't wait to walk the streets of Hogsmeade!  It was amazing to see all the details.  The streets were lined with all the different shops described in the book; it was literally like having my imagination come to life...I loved every minute of it!
I loved the girls restroom, indicated by the witch symbol above the door; Moaning Myrtle even talked to everyone while using the stalls!  There was an Owl Post Office for delivering letters, a book store featuring Gilderoy Lockhart's novels, a sporting goods store with all the quidditch equipment you would possibly need, and Hagrid's house was located right next to one of the roller coaster rides.
 One of my favorite shops had to be Ollivander's.  Before you can enter the wand shop they take you through a quick show where the wizard Ollivander picks someone from the audience and matches them with a wand.  It was such a cute show and got us super pumped about picking out our very own wands...yes, I'm 30 and I spend at least a half hour picking out my own wand...
 For lunch, we decided to eat at the Three Broomsticks.  The ceiling was incredible and had moving stair cases leading to no where.  To be honest the best part of lunch was the air conditioning.  I'm pretty sure I would never get used to the heat and humidity that is Florida!
 But by far, the absolute highlight of Hogsmeade was the Butterbeer!
On a scorching day in the 90's with 80% humidity, nothing tasted better than this yummy drink; we even got it twice, just so we could get the collectors cup.  It tasted like a butterscotch candy with caramel and in a slushy form.  I wish that description could do it justice.  Let's just say it was a little piece of heaven on earth...definitely worth fighting the crowds for!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE how your pictures turned out. I want more butterbeer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't drinking butterbeer against the WOW?

    It sounds delish...

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed