Saturday, April 2, 2011

Princess AFTER Party

I recently posted about the princess party I threw for a couple adorable little girls. 
What I didn't share was the insanely crazy AFTER party that occurred.
Erik and Heather needed some help watching the kids, so after the Princess Party ended, my nephews and niece came over for a three hour marathon of balloon fights, sweets, music, and games galore.  I think the best surprise, by far, was Ellis and little Will coming dressed in their princess costumes!  Luckily Ellis was generous enough to share her dresses with Will.  What a sweet sister!


It was so hard to get a picture of Will.  The minute he walked into our apartment and saw the amount of balloons on the ground he about lost it.  It was all we could do to just make sure he didn't run into walls and hard furniture due to this overstimulation!

Lincoln and Rulon created an interesting game to use all of the balloons at once.  They would pile all the balloons in one corner and then have someone jump in the center at which point everyone else would kick the outside balloons over and over hitting the person in the middle.  Obviously it was a bit chaotic, but the kids were having a blast and I've never heard them laugh so loud!


What a difference three boys can make!  Needless to say our "after party" was the exact opposite from our sweet girly princess party an hour before with Stella and Tori!  I loved every minute of it though.  I'm pretty sure Will had about a million M&Ms mixed up in his little belly, and Lincoln, Rulon, and Ellis were all exhausted after three hours of kicking balloons.

That's why I LOVE being the aunt...I can have hours of tiring fun and then kiss everyone goodbye, at which point I laid my head on a pillow and took a nap!


3 comments:

  1. Kirsten, I just love you. You are one of the most thoughtful, unselfish, beautiful people. How adorable for you to throw such a cute party for your neighbors. I am sorry to hear you are struggling with infertility. It took us a while to have Mack and had to use fertility to have out twins, too. But this time was a miracle... we weren't expecting to expand anytime soon, and I wasn't on fertility, but it happened. Also, a good friend in my ward went through early menopause (like in her 20's)and told it was impossible for her to have children. But, she had a baby girl two years ago. Another miracle! You never know how life will turn out. When you do have the opportunity to be a mom, you are going to be the best mother! And your children will be so blessed to have you. For now, enjoy your time with Dallas. Even though we were 6 years without kids, I miss our alone days sometimes. They were priceless years, too. I wish you the best and hope all is well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute pictures! You are such a great aunt Kirsten.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed