Thursday, April 28, 2011

Will's 2nd Birthday


Last week my little nephew, Will, turned 2.
There is a special place in my heart for little Will.  I love all of my nieces and nephews, sometimes to an unhealthy degree, but there is something very special about Will and I's relationship.  He was born while I was finishing my first year of teaching here in California.  Dallas and I had almost been married for a year and were facing frustrations of my job laying me off, Dallas's stressful work hours, and trying to start a family.  Over the course of the next two years, Dallas and I have continued to struggle with starting our family; having two miscarriages along the way.  I wish I could put into words how much little Will has helped me through all of this.  I have spent hours rocking him to sleep; loving all the snuggling.  He loves me in return and will light up when he sees me walking up to the house.  I've watched him learn how to crawl, walk, run, and now talk.  Much of my healing has come from his hugs, kisses, and smiles.  I'm so unbelievably grateful to my brother, Erik, and sister-in-law, Heather, for letting me spend so much time with their kids and for allowing me to love them as my own.

Will's birthday was pretty entertaining.  
His older siblings, Lincoln, Rulon, and Ellis are obsessed with this little guy and tend to smother a bit.  So you can imagine how excited everyone was for Will's big day.  Lincoln proudly made the birthday cake/brownies, while Ellis and Rulon helped with setting the table and decorating.  

Will loved his "choo-choo" pajamas from Grandma and Grandpa Rundle, his Diego dancing tools from "Kiki" and "Bunda" aka Grandma and Grandpa Adams, and bubble machine from Dallas and I.
Here's a little glimpse of our adorable little Will...





3 comments:

  1. I Love the videos!!! Such a cute little boy and family. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I know you play an important part in his life as well! We love you - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. To hear your voice again was awesome, girl! Also, to see just how excited the kids got when going after the bubbles was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great post, Kirsten! Our lives would be pretty boring without you in it. The kids are so lucky to have an Aunt like you!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed