Friday, April 29, 2011

Universal Studios Orlando

(MAKE SURE TO CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT)

Last Thursday I flew from San Francisco to Orlando.  My close friend from Utah, Tracy, invited me to come with her to Florida for a week long adventure with the sole purpose to visit Harry Potter World at Universal Studios.  I jumped at the opportunity!  I have been a huge fan of the Harry Potter series for such a long time.  I've loved watching it motivate my struggling readers be excited about books.  I've been inspired by the emphasis on friendship and bravery within the story line.  Needless to say, when I heard that Harry Potter World was opening, I have been wanting to go for nearly a year!

Universal Studios Orlando is made up of two different parks (for those familiar with the West Coast Disneyland, it's like having Disneyland and California Adventures.)  The sister park of Universal Studios is called Islands of Adventure and this is where Harry Potter World is located.  We spent all of Friday here.

While waiting to get into Harry Potter World, we spent most of our time wandering through Jurassic Park.  I hate to admit this, but I have loved and feared Jurassic Park since it came out in the early 90's.  I remember reading the book, listening to the soundtrack, and then having reoccurring nightmares about dinosaurs attacking me.  I may still be deathly afraid of velociraptors...

We had such a fun day exploring.  After leaving the park we ended up eating at a cool Italian restaurant in downtown Universal Studios with an amazing live band.  It was the perfect way to end an incredible day!

Harry Potter World will be another post :)

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! Doing my blog posts and reading yours... I will get to relive the fun trip all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister went to the Harry Potter exhibit and thought it was well worth it. Can't wait for the post. So fun for you to get away and enjoy time with a girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you having nightmares about Harry Potter flying around on a velociraptor and pointing his magic wand at you now?? (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear about the HP World!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed