Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oakland Zoo

There are many reasons why I love living in the bay area; the biggest being that I get to go on fun adventures with my three nephews and niece as often as I want to.  When I got back from Florida there were still three days left to spring break, so Heather and I thought it would be fun to take the kids to the Oakland Zoo. 
 It's been so much fun to see their personalities develop over the years, especially Lincoln and Rulon who seem like they are growing up so fast.  When we entered the zoo Rulon received a map and quickly became our navigator.  He was pretty excited about his responsibility.  All the kids got a hoot out of the baboon exhibit.  I think it had something to do with their bright, red, puffy bottoms.
The Oakland Zoo has a great children's section.  There are tons of objects for climbing, the kids loved the frogs and turtles.  I'm constantly amazed when I look back at pictures of Ellis.  I don't think I'm being totally biased when I say she is gorgeous!  I guess it helps that she is so stinkin' funny as well.
I love brothers, coming from a family of five boys and myself, I had a lot of them.  This is probably the reason I love watching Lincoln, Rulon, and little Will interact.  They had so much fun playing on everything and looking at the different animals.  They also have a lot of energy...I wonder how Heather does it sometimes.  After spending the day with all of them I usually end up going home and taking a nap.  I guess that's the benefit of being the aunt and not the mother!
To end our fun for the day, we spent some time in the petting zoo.  The kids had a blast brushing all the different goats.  Although Will's version of brushing involved throwing straw all over their backs.  It was so much fun to watch the goat's reaction to having a crazy two year old groom them.  

I feel so blessed to be so close to family.  It really was the perfect day!


4 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed