Thursday, August 25, 2011

Final Rose Ceremony

My summer has been so full with lots of fun!  Therefore I am spending these next couple evenings trying desperately to catch up with all of my posts before I start teaching next week.  Let's see if I can do it!

I have a guilty pleasure.
I happen to love ABC's the Bachelor and Bachelorette reality TV shows.

It started when I was living in south Provo with roommates Jules, Brittney, and Brooke.  They all loved the show and would record it each Monday night so we could watch it together as an apartment.  No matter how hard I tried (which wasn't that hard) I couldn't help but get sucked into the mind numbing drama.  So here I am four years later and I am still watching each season.  The best part, by far: the girls' parties each week!

Every Monday night a group of us girls would get together at my place and watch each episode.  We would gather and chat about which boy Ashley should choose, what ridiculous dramatic element each of the people were adding to the show, and giggle over the cheesy romance and one liners throughout.  It has been a great way for people to get to know each other and I love any excuse to throw a party and hang out with my girls!

So obviously I couldn't just do the basic for the final rose ceremony/season finale.  I had a lot of fun planning, decorating, and coercing my sweetheart of a husband to execute all of my ridiculous ideas.  First of all you can't have a Bachelorette Party without roses!  Thank you to Safeway for throwing a killer sale on roses that week!  Our house was covered from head to toe in red balloons, white candles, and hundreds of rose petals.  You would have thought it was our honeymoon or something!
Dallas was such a sweetheart and helped blow up hundreds of balloons, cut strawberries and lemons, and do most of the cleaning while I was preparing the party games.  I found pictures of each of the bachelors faces and created a Go Fish deck of cards for the girls to play while waiting for everyone to arrive.  It was pretty funny to hear the girls ask each other, "Do you have Aimes?" etc, "No, Go Fish!"  I also had a Bachelorette quiz game where I would throw chocolates at those who could answer the question correctly.  As people entered the apartment, they voted for who they thought Ashley was going to choose, Ben or JP.  I also had a raffle with fun give aways people put their names into.
The girls brought fun treats to share with everyone, so we were set for the evening.  One thing that you have to know before coming to one of our parties is that there is LOTS of talking, all about the show.  Needless to say when Ashley finally did make her choice there was an uproar from Ben supporters and cheers from JP supporters.  Hopefully we didn't scare my neighbors too badly!
It was such a fun night and I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such fun women.
Thanks for coming everyone!
We will have to do it again soon!

5 comments:

  1. I love everything about this! Wish I could have been there. Team Aimes!

    Can't wait to see you TOMORROW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh! I have always wanted to do a party like this. You did such a great job. Love it. P.S. I am SOOOO glad she chose JP cause I heart him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are such a fun person. I remember how fun our girls choice dates were that you organized at BYU. Good job on planning such a fun and creative party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You throw the best parties! I wish I was close enough to attend.... Maybe I should let YOU throw my *ahem-th* b-day party! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH!!! I seriously just shed a little tear! I'm so sad I missed this. You are such a little hostess!!!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed