Friday, August 26, 2011

My Birthday...a month ago

I had a great birthday this year.
It was the day after I got back from Utah, so I spent most of the day trying to recoperate from my week long road trip.  I watched some movies, did laundry, went out to lunch with a good friend, and enjoyed my surprise gifts from the morning.  Dallas surprised me with three dozen gorgeous roses.  They were absolutely beautiful and made our house smell amazing!
I also found this incredible gift from my niece and nephews...
They had snuck over to our house at some point in the night and had "heart attacked" our front door.  Their drawings were pretty creative with a lot of inside jokes.  It melted my heart to see them all!  I love that we live so close together.  Here are just a few of my favorites from the door.
That night a bunch of girls came over to help celebrate.  One of my close friends, Jenny, also had a birthday that week so we thought it would be tons of fun to combine them.  All the girls came over for fun treats and then, since it was Monday night, we watched the Bachelorette :)  It was a perfect birthday!
 Most of our group, some girls came a little later and missed the picture.  (Back Row) Michelle, Stephanie, Jen, Ashley, Jules, and Kenzie.  (Front Row) Rachel, me, Jenny, and Emily.  I am so incredibly blessed to be surrounded by such fun and loving women!  They're GREAT friends!

I have to admit I am feeling a bit older.  It is weird to think that I am officially in my thirties and my gray hair never seems to slow down.  I guess that's life though.  We'll see if I'm still so calm about it next year!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday! You are so loved by everyone... including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite heart is the "Kirstin + Edward" one. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed