Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Guess Who's the Birthday Girl??

Much to my mother's protests, I am dedicating an entire post to her in honor of her birthday.  Growing up in the middle of a whole bunch of boys, my mother was my ally.  True we had our ups and downs once I hit puberty, like I have mentioned before I tended to be quite the drama queen, but she literally was, is, and will continue to be my best friend.
I have several favorite memories with my momma.
I love coming home and singing for hours while she plays the piano.  We are the best at duets since our voices literally match one another.  There have been countless road trips where we sing along to musical after musical at the tops of our lungs, even conducting the orchestra on the side.

My mom has held me through all of my hardest moments in life and constantly lends a listening ear.  When I taught full time, she would drive all the way down to Utah a couple weeks before school started just to help set up the classroom.  Any teacher knows how crazy those few days before school starts are!
Mom is a perfect example of love.  She loves so opening and freely; family, friends, neighbors, ward members.  Her constant example to love and serve those around you is inspiring.  Both she and dad have emulated throughout the years unconditional generosity.  No matter what their circumstances, they always find ways to give to others.

I loved shopping for the wedding with my mom.  I remember standing in the mirror swishing my puffy white wedding gown back and forth with my mom.  We both were so excited to have found the princess dress of my dreams.  I loved having her in the temple with me, in the bridal room, putting together the finishing touches.
Dallas jokes about how touchy my family is.  I realized a long time ago that my love language is touch, but Dallas pointed out how each of the siblings, when we return home, tend to fight over who can sit close to mom.  He said it's pretty funny to sit back and watch us casually get closer and closer, stealing eachother's spots, so we can be closest to mom.  We lay on her lap, have her scratch our backs, play with our hair, etc.  It says a lot when your six children, even those in their 30's, are still trying to get snuggle time with their mother!
Mom, I love you.
Your children love you.
Your husband loves you.
Your family loves you.
Your friends love you.
I'm sure the owners of the 5th Avenue Theater and Paramount Theaters love you.
That's a lot of love.
Hopefully you feel very blessed!

Happy birthday, mommy!
I hope you had an incredible day celebrating.

1 comment:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed