Monday, October 11, 2010

Cedar Breaks National Monument

With all these posts one would think that I've been gone for like two weeks or something, but don't you worry, we packed in 6 adventurous stops into 4 days!
Thursday morning we awoke in Cedar city to find that the storms had finally moved passed southern Utah, unfortunately up to the Utah valley where we would shortly be headed, but we couldn't complain.  Since we were so close, Alice thought we should see Cedar Breaks National Monument.  It turned out to be absolutely gorgeous, although I may have lost a few fingers due to frost bite!  We drove up Cedar Creek canyon for about 30 minutes, which wound itself up and into a gorgeous mountain range looking over Zion National Park.  The storm had brought lots of snow, which I was not prepared for, especially since I've been spoiled with the perfect California weather.  Luckily I had changed out of my flip flops before we got to the monument.
The look out was pretty amazing, especially with the contrast of the snow.  We didn't last too long since the wind started to pick up and we all lost feeling in our toes...I may be exaggerating, but it was quite cold.  We continued our drive up the canyon and back down to Utah valley.  We met up with Stuart, my little brother, Thursday afternoon where mom, dad, and Alice continued on to Salt Lake and I stayed in Provo.  I had such a fun time and I'm so grateful mom and dad had the idea of me crashing their get-away.  I truly have the best parents in the world, where their examples of endless generosity and love have shaped who I am and who I want to be.
Thanks again Mom and Dad for an amazing few days!  Love you!


2 comments:

  1. All your posts look so beautiful and fun and ..... cold. ha ha. So glad you had a good time with your parents. I need to go to these places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utah really is so beautiful, huh?! Well, Colorado is too. I just haven't been to too many places. Someday. Well it better be soon... haha...BEAUTiful pictures on all of these!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed