Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rainforests and music in the park

A few weeks ago I blogged about my experience at the CA Academy of Sciences with my friend Kelsey.  While I was there I decided that it'd be best to simply get a membership since it paid for itself after going three times.  So when Katy and Heather came out to visit I thought it would be perfect to show them as well.

Last Friday we drove into the city and parked at Golden Gate Park.  The CA Academy of Sciences is located next to the deJong Museum and the Japanese Tea Gardens.  The city just finished construction on a couple fountains in the main courtyard so we thought it would be a great place to eat our lunches.  I love to be a "fly on the wall" and just enjoy the many faces and colors of San Francisco.  We found a couple open benches right next to a guitarist.  He had some serious plucking talent and played some beautiful songs; perfect for our background music.


My favorite is still the indoor rain forest.  I could stay in there forever watching all the colorful birds and butterflies.  I also love that each of the exhibits is so educational.  I can't wait til we have kids and can bring them to places like this and open their eyes to learning.  After the rain forest we explored the aquarium which takes up the entire bottom two floors of the museum.  We also were able to catch the last show in the indoor planetarium before heading off to our next adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed