Monday, October 11, 2010

Grand Canyon

My Dad's pretty funny, when he gets an idea in his head it's pretty hard to convince him otherwise.  Yeah I'm sure I inherited that trait from him!  So after driving several hours throughout Southern Utah, Dad's idea to drive down to the Grand Canyon won the vote for the next item on our agenda.  True when I signed up for this road trip I didn't think we'd be driving all the way down to Arizona, but I guess that's part of the fun of "flying by the seat of your pants!"

After exploring a very foggy Bryce Canyon, we drove down through Kanab and Northern Arizona until we reached the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  Dad had never seen it before and it was really great to see him so excited.  It's obviously something you have to see in your life!  The storm that hit us in Bryce must have come straight from the Grand Canyon area because when we got to the lodge the electricity had been out for several hours.  Luckily when we arrived, the weather cooperated.  The clouds parted, the rain stopped, and the light lit up the cliff sides perfectly for the pictures...not too bad if ya ask me!

Since the electricity was down we only stayed for a couple hours; just long enough to take in the beauty, stretch our legs, and relax before continuing on with our road trip.  We ended up driving all the way back up to St. George (via some very interesting southern Utah towns I won't mention) where we ate dinner.  Since there was a Senior Athletes competition going on we couldn't find anywhere to stay, so we ended up driving north to Cedar city where we were all very excited to get some sleep!


(I know I've been reminding everyone to click on the picture to enlarge the image, but I've noticed that many people don't realize you can do that and they miss the details of the photos...yeah I know, I won't remind any more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed