Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sunset Sail on Catamaran


I don't know how I grew up without the ocean.  If I could, I would spend my days living on a boat, sailing from port to port.  Dallas probably would as well.  He even got his sailing's license a couple years ago.  We had our first married melt down about two weeks after our wedding when he decided to take me sailing in the bay in the middle of a massive wind storm...but that's a story for another time :)

In August I blogged about my experience sailing in the bay with my little brother, sister-in-law, and nephews and niece.  It was such a fun adventure, although I was quite high strung, worried about little kids falling overboard.  I thought it would be the perfect activity to repeat when my friends came out to visit in October.  

Last Friday, after exploring the CA Academy of Sciences, Heather, Katy, and I drove down to Pier 39 where we boarded the sailing company "Adventure Cat" catamaran, along with a big tour group full of Australians.  Even though the temperature had dropped to low 70's, we still had a blast out on the water, watching the sun go down with the Golden Gate bridge as a back drop.  After we got done sailing, Dallas was able to step away from work to meet up with us for dinner along Fisherman's wharf.
I love the bay area!



No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed