Thursday, October 21, 2010

Duck Boat

I recently signed up to be on a mailing list for groupon.  It's a web company that sends you amazing deals around the area you live.  About a month ago there was a deal on "duck boat tour" tickets, so I snagged four of them for when my friends came into town.  Last Saturday Ari, one of my best friends, also from our New Zealand study abroad, met up with Heather, Katy, and I for a fun day in the city.  Our first adventure was the "Bay Quackers", which turned out to be a lot of fun...probably due to the fact that we were all pretty hyper!  For those who don't know what a duck boat is, it is a jeep type vehicle that can go on both land and then straight into the water.  Our tour started down at pier 39 and took us up through the city, through chinatown, Union square, the Giant's stadium, and then into the water and around the large ships in the bay.


Ari lives in Modesto which is a couple hours away from where Dallas and I live so we don't get to see each other nearly enough.  She literally was my life support while living in New Zealand and we had so much fun together.  I love how I can get together with my NZ girls and it is literally like no time has passed!  We were definitely the obnoxious group, but I'm sure we added the much needed life to the tour.  They even let both Katy and I drive, although our tour guide was a little nervous that I was more concerned about posing for the camera than not running over the sea lions.  She really didn't know me at all did she!?

(make sure to click on the images to enlarge them)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed