Thursday, November 8, 2012

Highlights of the week...

I can't believe how fast this little man is growing.
I still need to do his 7 month post with his growth stats from a couple weeks ago, but I haven't quite gotten around to it.  We did realize thought, after he was weighed again and was continuing to loose weight, that we needed to supplement with formula as well.  In true stubborn form, he refused to take formula and a bottle while breast feeding as well, so unfortunately I had to stop breast feeding.  At least we made it to 7 months, but I was sad to stop nonetheless.  It was a VERY rough three days while training him to take a bottle, but now he is doing great and already gaining the weight back.  He is still the happy little man I fell in love with and he is still sleeping great through the night.  I'm pretty sure it was harder on mommy than it was for him.  I still miss that closeness, which is why I will only give him a bottle if he's snuggling up tight to me...I know, I'm quite the pathetic mommy!
After one of the feedings he actually fell asleep on me.
It had been weeks since he had done that of his own free will (when we have flown or on Sundays at church, it's a bit of a wrestling match to get him to fall asleep in my arms.)  It was the absolute best cuddle time and I found myself simply staring at those gorgeous eyelashes and wanting to kiss those sweet lips.  I'm a bit obsessed!
There have been so many things going on lately, with people in town visiting and us going out on adventures every other day, so it is nice when things are a bit slower once in awhile.  We've been having fun during his feedings both with the bottle and with solids.  He gets a bit distracted at times and has loved blowing spit bubbles and chewing on his toys.  He is also in love with his toes, which is pretty stinking cute!
One of my favorite times of the day is when daddy walks in the door.  I've started to sing "I'm so Glad When Daddy Gets Home" from the Children's Primary Song Book and this moment totally sums it all up.  His first glance of daddy as he walks through the door, followed by the biggest grin and excited squeal.  I love how deeply he knows and loves his daddy.
We've been working on sitting up independently.  His balance is still not there and needs a lot of assistance but he is getting more and more mobile everyday.  He likes to roll and twist in his cribs and on the bed.  He still doesn't enjoy tummy time very much and will roll right onto his back, so I'm thinking it may take awhile for him to crawl.  I'm perfectly ok with that for now and enjoying not having to worry about him getting into everything quite yet.
But mostly I'm just enjoying this face.
This smiling giggling face I see every time I pick him up from his nap or play with him on the ground.  I really do just feel blessed to have such a sweet-tempered child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed