Friday, June 29, 2012

Father's Day

I am in love with these two guys.
My heart absolutely melts when I look at this picture.
This Father's Day was truly wonderful.
All due to the adorable boy you see in the above picture.
With all of our countless prayers, we could never have imagined how much love we would feel for our precious little man.  He has brought so much joy to our lives and we feel so incredibly blessed.  Not only am I loving little Daxton in our home, but I am loving seeing the effect it's had on Dallas.  
Dallas is such an amazing daddy. 
He is constantly helping with all of the duties of raising a little one (changing diapers, putting him to bed, doing laundry, calming the tears, etc) all without being asked.  He has even become very involved in "tummy time" and helping little Dax learn his sounds.  Every night I can find him reading different books and finding time to snuggle with our little guy.  
He truly is an amazing daddy.
 
Every year since living in the Bay Area on Father's Day we have gone over to my brother, Erik's, house to help celebrate.  We love spending time with them and feel so blessed to live so close to family.  Plus their children truly feel like our own.  
Recently they've been in the process of finishing up their back yard.  They put in beautiful grass, planter boxes, trampoline, and Erik even constructed a play structure for the kids.  I can't wait for Daxton to be old enough to participate in all the fun.  After church, and after a relaxing afternoon nap with daddy, we headed over to Erik's house for Sunday dinner.  Lincoln and Will were very excited to show us their new 'digs.'
 Lincoln is growing up so fast.  It's crazy to think he will be in middle school in a year.  It makes me feel old!  He had a blast showing us tricks while jumping off the swings.
 When I became pregnant with Daxton, one of my fears was how Will would react.  I know that sounds weird, but I sure do love this little kid and I didn't want him to feel like he was being replaced.  There will always be a special place in my heart for little Will.  I've mentioned in previous posts how much his love helped me through some difficult times in my life.  Now, I try to make sure that while Dallas is holding Daxton, I spend at least a few minutes with Will individually.
 I have absolutely loved watching all the kids interact with Daxton.  Will can't quite pronounce his name right, so he keeps saying how much he loves "Baby Daskin."  They all want to hold him, touch and kiss his hands and feet, and try to make him smile.  It's pretty cute.  I love this picture below especially.  I'm so excited that Daxton will have cousins to play with!
It turned out to be another great Father's day.
Thanks again, Erik and Heather, for the amazing dinner and great company.  We sure do love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed