Tuesday, July 31, 2012

32nd Birthday

Am I really 32?
I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow I've officially gotten into my thirties.  You'd think all the grey hair that I am constantly coloring would have prepared me for this revelation, but it still feels strange.  Oddly enough, I've never felt very comfortable during birthday celebrations.  It's interesting because I usually love to be the center of attention, but birthdays feel different for some reason.  This year was pretty low key, which was perfect for me.


I spent the morning relaxing with my little man and then headed over to my brother's place for a birthday dessert picnic with my nieces and nephews.  I know I've mentioned this countless times, but I am SO grateful to live near family.  I love them all so much and feel so blessed to count my sister in law, Heather, as one of my closest friends.  I couldn't think of anyone else I'd rather spend the afternoon with on my birthday than this crazy group of kiddos!

Little Olive is such a sweetheart and has the cutest little features.  She had just scratched herself during her nap, but was super happy when she woke, so we thought it would be the perfect time to get a few pictures in.  Will is really cute with his little sister.  He's had a pretty good adjustment with not being the baby anymore and thinks she's pretty cool.
Lincoln actually took the above and below pictures.  He's getting quite the eye for photography.  Must be taking after his daddy!

We got some "Brave" cupcakes for the kids to eat outside and they loved the rings they got to keep.  Everyone helped blow out the candle, even little Daxton, which was quite cute.


It was the perfect afternoon dessert picnic for my birthday!
Thanks everyone, for helping me celebrate!

1 comment:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed