Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cousin Time; Erin and Nate visit!

Dallas has the greatest family.
Both sides (the Perkins and the Whitts) have been so welcoming and full of love over the past four years of our marriage.  I love to hear all the crazy stories from Dallas' childhood involving his immediate and extended family members.  A couple years ago I attended my first "Whitt" Family Reunion.  Dallas prepped me in advance and had me memorize faces, names, and little nuances from each member.  I'm sure he did this just to give me a hard time, but it made it so much fun to meet everyone.

Erin is one of his cousins.
She's literally one of the sweetest girls I have ever met and I've loved to get to know her a little better over the years.  During the reunion a couple years back, she was so kind.  I had recently had one of my miscarriages and I remember talking with her for awhile about it all and feeling so much love from her.  It helped so much to be able to express some of the pain I was having at the time.  It's been fun to follow her cute little family on their blog and see all the fun adventures they've been up to.

We were very excited when we found out that they were coming to the bay area for a wedding.  It was a quick visit, but it was so good to hang out with Erin, her husband, Nate, and their adorable little boy, Scott.  We got sandwiches and took them to the park, so Scott could run around.  It was so much fun to watch how active and excited Scott is.  It allowed us a glimpse into what Daxton might be like in a few months and we couldn't help but smile.  What a fun age!  Scott is such a sweetheart and his smile is so infectious.  We decided to get some pictures of the little boys together which were quite humorous.  I especially love watching the sequence of pictures and focusing on Scott's drool stream.  It's pretty classic!

Erin, Nate, and Scott, we loved getting together with you all and had so much fun!  Anytime you're in the area let us know!  We love you guys!

 Daxton feeling grass with his bare toes for the first time.  He actually really liked it as you can see from his smile.
 Second generation Whitt cousins!

Watch closely the sequence of events over the next few pictures.  Dallas and I couldn't stop laughing when we looked closer at these!



The adorable Erin and Nate Family


Cousins Dallas and Erin

We love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed