Monday, August 26, 2013

Saying Goodbye to the Millar Family

It is so crazy for me to think that I first met Lisa back during the fall semester of 2002; almost 11 years ago!  Our friendship began as we spent a life changing semester teaching in New Zealand.  I can honestly say that her friendship over the past decade has been so inspiring and full of love, support, and fun.  Last summer when she called to tell me she was moving to the bay area with her husband and daughter, I couldn't have been happier!  We had such a fun year of frequent play dates and adventures around the bay area.  It has been so much fun to have her so close and watch our kids interact with each other.

We wanted to get together one last time before leaving the bay area, so Dallas, Daxton, and I met up with Lisa, Maddie, and Luke at the Cheesecake Factory in Walnut Creek.  It was such a fun night filled with great conversation, great food, and great company.

Trying to get a descent picture of Lisa and I with our kiddos...
Love this girl so much!

Daxton got a little crazy towards the end of dinner, but had a blast watching Maddie from across the table.

Such cute daddies!
I don't think they meant to be so matchy matchy...

The Millar Family
One of the sweetest, most loving families I know!

Up to this point I had done very well with controlling my emotions and denying the fact that I would be moving thousands of miles away from everything I know.  Having to say goodbye to Lisa changed all of that.  Needless to say, she opened the flood gates and it was pretty impossible to turn them off after.  I feel so extremely blessed to have such incredible friends.  She's been and continues to be one of the most amazing examples of Christlike love and positivity.  I sure do love her and her sweet family!
I am going to miss them greatly.


1 comment:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed