Monday, December 9, 2013

NZ Girls Visit Day Three: Miami

On our third day of adventures, I decided to take the girls down to Miami, which is about 30 minutes south.  Dallas is much more familiar with Miami than I am.  I had only been to Miami one time before so I was a little nervous.  It's pretty intimidating trying to show someone around when you don't know where you're going!  I quickly remembered what it felt like to be new in San Francisco, though.  When we first moved to the Bay area I was quite nervous to drive in the city and show visitors the local sights, but by the time we moved I knew that city inside and out.  I hope south Florida will feel like that someday too.

We ended up driving to the American Airlines Arena where the Miami Heat Basketball team plays.  I heard there was a fun shopping area right on the water with lots of fun places to eat.  I had heard correctly.  As we walked up to the entrance we saw a large Bubba Gumps and several other fun restaurants.  There was an enormous Banyon tree right in the center of the shopping area that looked like it had been there for centuries.  I love how different all the vegetation is here compared to the west coast. 

We didn't end up eating at Bubba Gumps, but as we passed we couldn't help but pose for some silly pictures...


Miami is absolutely GORGEOUS and I can't wait to explore it further.  We loved walking along the waterfront and saw some beautiful boats.

My favorite, by far, was the live entertainment.  I swear the whole city is constantly pulsing with some kind of Latin beat.  We found a great outside amphitheater with amazing Cuban music being performed.  The thing I loved most was how people were dancing.  Not silly teenagers trying to be funny, but the ELDERLY showing off their serious rhythmic skills.  Everyone was having so much fun cheering each other on and singing along to the music.  Daxton immediately wanted out of his stroller to join in the fun.  He started kicking his legs, pumping his arms, and bouncing his head and belly.  I love that my little man loves dancing and music so much!  He definitely takes after his parents.

 Serious dance skills!!
Loving the music and dancing!
Dancing with mom...

For lunch we decided to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe located on the waterfront.  We had a great meal, ate lots of yummy food, danced to more music, and fell in love with Miami.  Can't wait for another adventure there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed