Friday, June 21, 2013

Daxton's First Hair Cut

So after months of Daxton pulling at the hair above his ears, I finally decided that he needed his hair cut.  With things a bit tighter now that we are buying a home in Florida, I figured that this would be the perfect time for Heather, my sister-in-law, to teach me how to cut hair.  She has three boys and "buzzes" each of their hair, so she has a lot of experience.  I couldn't think of anyone  more perfect to give Daxton's first hair cut!

Daxton obviously knew something was going on...
Look at that face of betrayal.

Before: long, shaggy, wave

Heather was so sweet and introduced him slowly to the clippers.  She even let him feel the vibration on his arm before she started cutting his hair.  He was still pretty startled and not quite sure what to do with himself, but he could be easily distracted and sat still for the most part.
Golden locks...

The kids were a big help with distracting Daxton and finding him fun toys to play with.  He also loved watching the iPad.
By the end, he had had enough and was sick of getting strands of hair in his mouth.  He was a pretty good sport, though, and Heather did a perfect job!
Covered in hair...
The finished product!
The hardest thing was how grown up he looks now!
I swear he was my baby and then in a few moments he became a toddler.  Sad at how quickly he is growing, but I love his new cut.  I can see his adorable face again!  Let's be honest, he was beginning to look like Bill Murry for awhile.
Thanks again, auntie Heather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed