Friday, July 24, 2015

Aaron and Yolanda Visit--Beach Tour

Midway through February our good friends from Washington DC flew in for a visit.  Aaron and Dallas were roommates in California for several months.  My cousin, Greg, also lived with them.  Aaron, Dallas, and Greg each got engaged while living together.  It was so fun to get to know each of their fiancee's (now wives) while Dallas and I were dating.  We've remained friends over the years and now all three of us couples have relocated to the east coast (Aaron and Yolanda in Washington DC, Greg and Heidi in North Carolina, and Dallas and I in Florida.)  We love them all and are so grateful for their friendships over the past few years.

Right before Aaron and Yolanda arrived there was a massive cold front that hit the east coast.  There was tons of snow up and down the upper eastern states, but temps in Florida were even effected.  I have to admit that I was a TOTAL baby about the whole thing when temps dropped into the 40s and 50s.  I mean seriously, I didn't have a single jacket and ended up staying inside curled up under blankets all day.
Because of this cold front, the first couple days of Aaron and Yolanda's visit were pretty chilly.  To make matters worse, the first day of adventures, I ended up having a massive migraine.  I should have told them I wasn't feeling well, but I didn't want to ruin their trip (I know, I'm utterly ridiculous at times.)  So with a massive migraine and cold temps as a combo, we took a local road trip to show them some of our favorite beaches.

First stop, a secluded section of beach just north of Fort Lauderdale.

You can tell how cold it was, because there's not a single person on the beach.  I took all these pics within 5-10 minutes because I was so freezing!

The chilly temperatures didn't stop Aaron from immediately running full force into the ocean.  You can tell they are from up north to be fine in that freezing water and wind!

Their 9 month old, Gracie, is probably the most beautiful little baby I've ever seen.  She has the most stunning eyes and lips ever.  All I have to say is they are going to have FUN when she's older and the suitors start calling!

Views from up and down the beach

Some quick family photos, while Daxton waited in the car.  Daxton literally stepped out of the car, felt the cold wind on his face, and immediately jumped back in the car refusing to leave.  He's definitely a Floridian! 

(The rest of these pics are from Yolanda's Camera)
As part of our drive, I showed them downtown Fort Lauderdale, Las Olas shopping, and the Intercoastal waterway.  While Gracie was sleeping in her carseat and Daxton was happily playing on the iPad, I waited in the car while Aaron and Yolanda walked along the main Las Olas bridge crossing over the Intercoastal waterway.

After showing them a bit of Fort Lauderdale, I took them north to my favorite beach, Lauderdale-By-the-Sea.  By this time my migraine was in full force and I was in a ton of pain.  I was hoping Daxton would fall asleep for a nap in the car anyway, so we waited in the car while Aaron and Yolanda wandered through some of the shops and checked out the beach.

I love all the different pops of color at this beach.

Yolanda got some seriously gorgeous shots of the water below the pier.

Even though I was in a massive amount of pain from my migraine, I thoroughly enjoyed the snuggles from my little sweetheart.
Thanks again, Yolanda, for capturing this moment!

By the time Aaron and Yolanda returned, my migraine was unbearable and I asked Aaron if he could drive us home.  About halfway there the pain got so bad that I quickly had him pull over for me to throw up along the side of the road...
Not my finest moment, that's for sure!
Dallas was awesome and left work a little early so I could go to bed and he could play host for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed