Friday, July 24, 2015

Richard's Family Visits--Day 6: Disney's Animal Kingdom


Day 6 of our adventures with my little brother's family was spent at Disney's Animal Kingdom.  Dallas had to leave bright and early that morning to head back to work, so it was Daxton and I's first day getting to the park on our own.  Daxton was in a pretty good mood, so things went smoothly and he even allowed me to get a couple quick pictures of us together at the entrance.

Love my sweet little buddy.

We immediately met up with Richard, Leisha, and the girls for the African Safari ride.  This has always been one of Daxton's favorites since he loves animals so much.  I loved being able to see my nieces get so excited about each of the animals as well though, too. Emma was super excited to see elephants and we had several giraffe that were super close to our jeep which was a lot of fun.  The kids loved every minute of it!

Some of the highlights from our safari...
Giraffe, Rhinos, Hippos, and Elephants just to name a few...

After the safari, we took all the kids through some of the nature walks to see more animals.  They were so funny giggling and talking about each animal.  Emma and Nora were so sweet to always include Daxton.  I loved watching them have fun together.

I spent forever taking cute pics of the kids and the whole time thought they were just looking at brightly colored fish.  When I got closer to the glass I realized they were watching a giant hippo the whole time!

While Richard took his family to go see the Finding Nemo Musical (which we had seen several times already) I took Daxton to meet Mickey and Minnie.  Animal Kingdom is a great spot to meet Mickey and Minnie because there is rarely a line compared to Magic Kingdom. I wish I could put into words how fun it is to see Daxton great Mickey Mouse.  It's just pure magic and joy!

So many hugs!

That is definitely one very happy toddler!

While we were waiting to meet back up with Richard and family, Daxton and I found his favorite spot in all of Animal Kingdom...
The drums!
He spent a good 20 minutes running from drum to drum, dancing the whole time.  He's got some great rhythm in that little body of his.

After we met up with Richard's family, we all went to the Lion King show together.  I swear that show is kryptonite for this little man.  Without fail, Daxton falls asleep EVERY time!  This day was not an exception.  He was out cold midway through and slept through all the loud music, dancing, and drums.  My back was killing me by the time the show was finished.

After Lion King we all decided to check out Dinoland, but on our way there we got caught in a massive monsoon.  We were all drenched to the core by the time we reached the Boneyard digging grounds.  It was the perfect covered spot to wait out most of the storm while the kids dug for dino bones.  

You can see below just how wet we got on our walk to Dinoland.


After awhile Richard and Leisha took the girls on a few more rides in the drizzling rain, but Daxton wanted to stay and dig for more bones.  He spent almost an hour playing in the sand, lining up buckets, and digging for bones.  The joy of being a pass holder is not feeling the pressure to see everything in each park!

Wet funny faces with my little buddy

As we were packing up to leave Dinoland and head back to the hotel, I noticed that there was no line to meet Pluto, Donald, and Goofy, so we made one more quick stop.  Daxton rushed into each of their arms before I could even get my camera out.  Then they all had a little dance party in the puddles before I snapped a picture.  
This little man is truly living a dream!

Our last and final day with Richard and his family was spent back at Magic Kingdom, like I mentioned in my previous posts.  It was a sad goodbye hugging them at the end of our trip.  The hardest thing about living in south Florida is being so far away from my family.  It was so much fun having them come out to visit.  I literally loved every minute of it!  I can honestly say that the thing I loved most though, was watching Daxton play with his cousins, Auntie, and Uncle.  We love them so much and are so grateful they took the time to come down and visit us.
Love you, Richard, Leisha, Emma, and Nora!  Please come back to visit anytime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed