Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fall Recap: Katy and Heather visit


October turned out to be quite a busy month.
For the fourth year now, my "New Zealand" girls, Katy and Heather, came out to visit.  I absolutely LOVE that this has become a tradition.  My time teaching in New Zealand shaped me in so many ways, but what I have loved the most from that experience is all the people I met and friends I made.  It's been almost ten years since we were all down in Auckland together and they are still some of my closest and dearest friends.  I have been truly blessed with them all in my life.
 Katy and Heather were great sports about keeping things low key for my low energy level.  They flew in on a Wednesday evening and we stayed up most of the night talking and catching up.  Mostly about Katy's wedding over the summer.  Thursday I went to work and they drove to the Oakland temple to do a session.  Thursday night we met up with another of our NZ girls, Ari.  Ari was my roommate while I was living in Auckland and she was one of the main reasons I have so many hilariously fun memories during my stay.  It can be months in between seeing each other and when we get together it's like no time has passed.  I sure do love that girl!

We thought it'd be fun to do a fondue dinner to catch up with each other.  We literally closed down the restaurant.  Our dinner lasted over four hours, but it flew by like it was minutes.  We were thoroughly 'smoked' out, but it was great food and even better company!
 Friday we spent the day in San Francisco.  We had a very yummy lunch at the girls favorite Indian restaurant, DOSA.  Then we drove to Union Square where we spent hours shopping and Katy had an interesting interaction with a homeless man...long story :)  Then we drove down to Pier 39, watched the smelly seals, took pictures like total tourists, and ate amazing crepes on the waterfront.  Basically it was an absolute perfect day!
 The girls had to catch their flight Saturday afternoon, so we spent the morning relaxing and having a fashion show...that too is a long story, but needless to say, we had a blast.  Another year of wonderfully fun memories.  
I love ya girls.  Thanks so much for coming to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed