Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Oakland Zoo Play Date

We kept the last week of February busy with two play dates, the second, going to the Oakland Zoo.  We've loved our zoo membership and have enjoyed bringing friends along.  My neighbor and good friend Jules just had an adorable little boy, Kaden, who's now 6 months old.  I can't believe how quickly time goes by!  We figured it would be a super fun play date to bring these two little guys to the zoo.

Our first stop were the giraffes, which as you can see from the pictures below, Daxton was mesmerized by.  He wouldn't stop staring, not even for a quick picture.  I often wonder what he must be thinking when he sees all of these new things for the first time.

I swear Kaden is one of the happiest babies I've ever seen.
He also can make some of the most amazing facial expressions!

The four of us hanging out in front of the elephants.
From L to R (Me, Daxton, Kaden, and Jules)

I love the Oakland Zoo's Children section.  They have lots of fun things for children to climb on and all sorts of animals to interact with.  Jules and I basically used this opportunity to pose Daxton and Kaden on all the different play structures.  They were such good sports with all the picture taking!



Yeah, Jules is gorgeous...enough said!
My favorite was watching Daxton and Kaden interact.  They mostly just poked each other, but it was pretty cute none-the-less.

I love these frogs and couldn't wait to pose Daxton on them.  I adore how his belly is punched out all cute.  Don't worry I was behind him ready to catch him if he started to wiggle off.  I also love all of his different facial expressions!



On our way out we walked by the monkeys and noticed this little guy.  He had a doll that looked exactly like him that he would carry around everywhere.  It was pretty cute.

When we got back to our apartment, we couldn't help but take a quick swing break for a few minutes before calling it a day.

I am loving our special adventures together. 
I've been praying for my little buddy for years and it is such an amazing feeling to have him in my life.
What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed