Monday, March 11, 2013

Valentine's Day

One thing I quickly learned while being an accountant's wife is that all holidays fall on the weekends during busy season...even if they don't fall on the weekend, they are celebrated as such.  After looking at the calendar this year, I realized that Valentine's day would not be celebrated on it's given day of Thursday, so I willingly planned to help my brother and sister-in-law by babysitting their kids for the day.  Heather had a wedding to go to and was going to be gone for a few days so she asked me if I could watch the kids for one of those days.  The older three are in school full day so that only left Will and Daxton, so it was no problem at all.

Daxton and I picked Will up from his preschool where he showed us all his goodies and projects he had finished from the day.  He was so excited to tell me all about the fun things they had done.  When we got home we ate lunch and then tried out some of his surprises from his mom.  We grew all sorts of animals from the dissolvable capsules.  It was hilarious to hear him squeal with delight every time another shape formed.  He will forever melt my heart, that Will.
 Heather was such a sweetheart and left beautiful flowers for me from her and the kids.  It was such a sweet Valentine's present!
Daxton spent most of the afternoon playing with the sequined heart in the flower arrangement.  It was a great distraction while I spent time with Will.  I'm not thinking he was too impressed with this holiday though...his expressions say as much!
I quickly fell in love with Heather's new high chair for little Olive. It takes up hardly any room and rotates 360 degrees.  Daxton loved it and would kick his legs back and forth like he was on a swing.  I ended up buying the same high chair three days later, because we loved it so much.
 Heather's such an amazing mommy.
I love her creativity and the way she remembers the little things.
She got each of the kids their own little mailboxes and wrote them special little notes since she wasn't going to be with them on Valentines day.  I thought it was such a sweet idea.  Daxton, Will, and I picked up Rulon and Ellis from school (Lincoln went to a friend's house to work on a project.)  I thought it would be fun to take them out to frozen yogurt for a little Valentine's treat...to add onto all the sugar they consumed from their school parties, I'm sure.  Rulon was pretty proud about his graham cracker house he had made at school.
 Unfortunately, when we got back to the house my brother was there.  He had left work early to go to the doctor's and was diagnosed with Strep Throat.  It took all of two minutes to pack up Daxton and I's things and exit the premises so we wouldn't get infected as well.  Poor Erik!

 Even though it wasn't the most eventful Valentine's Day, it still was a lot of fun.  I love my nieces and nephews so much and love any chance I have to spend time with them!

My favorite Valentine's present though, would be this little munchkin.  He is my world and has taught me a level of love I never could have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed