Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Adams Family Reunion: Crater Lake

Crater lake lies inside a caldera (volcano basin), created about 7,700 years ago when Mount Mazama collapsed after a major eruption.
Crater Lake is 1,943 feet deep, which makes it the deepest lake in the U.S. and the ninth deepest in the world.
Because it is filled almost entirely by snow fall, it is one of the clearest lakes in the world as well.

I had a pretty awesome childhood.
True, I was the only girl out of six kids, but I didn't know what it felt to have a sister, so I didn't miss it.
I remember traveling as a family down to Oregon and walking around Crater Lake.  I vaguely remembered pushing Stuart (or Bradley...can't remember who) around in their stroller and watching Dad take pictures of the gorgeous scenery.

When we were deciding the different activities our family should do while in Sunriver, I was excited to hear that Crater Lake was only an hour and a half south of where we were staying.  I hadn't been back since I was a child.  We decided to make a day trip drive after church.  Dallas and I lucked out by riding with Mom and Dad...no offense to the other cars, but there were no screaming kids in ours :)
It was so beautiful and I kept thanking Dallas for my gorgeous camera to be able to capture it all.

I have to admit that I loved being the family photographer, I think everyone else did too!  They didn't have to worry about taking pictures; just making sure their kids didn't run off the edge!

Bryan and Heather's little family: Sadie, Natalie, Katrina, and Max

Erik and Heather's little family: Lincoln, Rulon, Will, and Ellis

The kids loved being able to play in the snow and wear t-shirts at the same time.  We just had to convince Katrina and Emma that it probably wasn't a good idea to eat the snow...the colored snow.


Dallas and I had some fun for the camera...especially Dallas with his "senior" photo shoot!



Yeah, I have the craziest husband!

Rulon, Max, and Lincoln
It's fun to see how much the boys look up to Max.  He is quite the cool older cousin!

The last time Dallas interacted with Katrina (over a year ago) it didn't go so well.  His main goal over the family reunion was to when her over...he did just that!

My best friend

I love my mom and dad so much.  They are truly the most giving and caring people I have ever met.

When we got home from Crater Lake we had a "missionary" night.  We all surrounded Stuart and his laptop to hear mission stories and look through his pictures.  The grandkids were in awe and were so excited about going on missions by the time Stuart was done.  Although a few were a little scared of all the crazy bugs and snakes Stuart showed them...you gotta love Australia for that!


3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! That place is gorgeous! And good thing you had such attractive models for your photography. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, i love your blog. for a million reasons. but my most favorite reason... a regular reminder that you found the perfect husband for you. love you both!
    looks like such a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed