Friday, July 9, 2010

Playing Catch Up

I can't believe it is already July 9th!  Where have the past few months gone?
Actually I know exactly how to answer that question, because it's literally been insane, but I figured I should let everyone else know what we've been up to...
In May my older brother, Erik, and his gorgeous wife, Heather, celebrated their 10 year anniversary by traveling to Brazil for two weeks.
Because I live so close, I got to help mom out with the babysitting while they were away.  It was so much fun playing "mommy" and getting as many snuggles as possible.
My mom is basically amazing.  She created a job chart for each of the kids where they put stickers and earned rewards for completed jobs.  There was not a single whine the entire two weeks...it was glorious!  I admit we may have gone a little overboard with the rewards at the end, but that's just how my parents roll!



Here are some highlights from our two weeks of babysitting...

Dallas and I decided to give mom a break by taking the three older kids to Muir Beach while she stayed at home with little Will.  We had a blast playing in the sand, eating our picnic, and getting very wet.





Mom brought a bunch of crafts for the kids to do while their parents were gone.  It was so cute to see them so excited for each activity. 
We made two different kinds of puppets, plaster cement designs for their yard, and an adorable mother's day apron.

 



Mom and I had a lot of fun together, but we couldn't help but be excited when Erik and Heather got home to take over.  We were excited to get some sleep!
Erik and Heather brought back some fun souvenirs for everyone.


You don't get much cuter than these kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed