Friday, July 30, 2010

Capitola



Last Saturday, Dallas and I were invited to spend the day down in Capitola with some of our close friends and neighbors.
Capitola is a small beach town, population 10,500, located just north of Santa Cruz.
It took a couple hours drive for us, but that was mostly due to weekend traffic...gotta love the bay area traffic delays!

We've lucked out with some pretty awesome friends.  Both families have really reached out to us and oddly enough they enjoy our company, so we were super excited to spend the day with them and celebrate their daughter's 4th birthday.

We had a blast spending the entire day chilling at the beach.  It was a gorgeous sunny day, hardly any wind, and the clouds skipped right over us.

Dallas was a hit with the kids, covering each of them in huge sand pits, throwing a football around, and of course his favorite...napping.

There was a really cool pier that we walked out on where you could rent fishing gear and boats.  There was also a restaurant with live blues music playing from their rooftop stage.  What a life!?




I was pretty amazed that I had never heard of Capitola and am already excited about showing it off to future visitors...any takers!?

While walking along the pier we saw this sign...not too reassuring for swimmers.  I just thought it was hilarious that it was printed in simple white paper and barely noticeable.  I mean honestly, who's going to actually notice a sign like this!?

We ended up spending over 8 hours playing in the waves, eating incredible pizza from the boardwalk, digging in the sand, and relaxing in our camping chairs.
Not too bad for a Saturday.
I sure do love California!




6 comments:

  1. Sweet! Yet another place to see on my next visit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you have so many adventures there in California. I would love to live there and experience these things too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I want to go there! Man... this next winter I think I need to come visit you again. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Co-ooo-l! I'll go, I'll go, pick me, pick me! Of course they enjoy being with you guys - you are dang fun! Thirty, flirty, and thriving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm surprised you didn't know of Capitola Beach, I have a Pizza My Heart shirt from there when a group of us went with Alex years and years ago. It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, Are you kidding me! When did you guys do that!?
    By the way, it was SO beyond wonderful to see you when you were out here! I kept telling Dallas how much fun I had and how it felt like no time had passed since we had seen each other (or talked!) two years ago!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed