Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lafayette Reservoir

I know I've mentioned my amazing friends in past blogs, but I just need to throw it out there to the cyber world that I have the MOST AMAZING friends!
I'm sure Dallas feels like we are running a Hotel California, which is totally true when you think about over the past year we have had someone visiting over 70 nights.  You heard that right...70 days worth of visitors!  That doesn't even count our first year of marriage when we had just as many friends come out to visit.
Now don't misinterpret the above statistics to think that I am in any way annoyed or put out by our guests.  In fact it has truly been a blessing, especially with my unexpected additional time on my hands.  
Dallas's job has also been extremely busy this year and it puts him at ease when I have company in town to keep me preoccupied.  It has definitely helped with the loneliness, that is for sure!

On our drive back from the Adams Family reunion in Sunriver, Oregon at the beginning of July, I received a text from one of my best friends living in Utah, Janelle.  
The text read "What would you think about us showing up on your door step tomorrow evening??"
To which I replied, "Is that even a question!?"

Like I said before, I absolutely love it when people come to visit, let alone when it's spontaneous, so I was extremely excited to have Janelle and Jason come visit for another week.

Our first official day of fun, we decided to keep things more local since we were all pretty exhausted from the traveling.  I took them to the Lafayette Reservoir.


Lafayette is a neighboring city which built the reservoir in 1933 as a standby supply of drinking water for the East Bay.  The 925 acre site with 1.4 billion gallons of water was opened to the public in 1966 for hiking, fishing, boating, and picnicking.
I used to go jogging along the lower trail with my girlfriends and noticed awhile back that you could rent pedal boats, but I never found the excuse to go until a few days ago. 

Janelle and Jason begged to run the pedals and even though I tried to help, they wouldn't let me...they're just too darn sweet :) 

I have to admit, it was pretty much the best pedal boat ride I have ever taken...maybe that was due to the fact that I just laid out on the back soaking up the gorgeous sun while the worker bees in the front did all the hard work.
Or maybe it was just the fun company.
Probably a good mix of both.


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... we begged...you wanted a turn? Not exactly how I remember it... (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I swear that's how I remember it :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed