Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Adams Family Reunion: Photographer

I know I have written about how amazing my husband is, but here is just another reason why I love him so very much...
For our anniversary (birthday and future Christmas) present he got me a brand new Cannon Rebel T2I!
It is such a beautiful camera!
Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE to take pictures.  My old digital Cannon Powershot was pretty much dead after having taken hundreds of thousands of pictures throughout the past few years and I was in desperate need of an upgrade.  After everything that happened in June, Dallas wanted to do something special...and boy did he ever!
I got my Rebel in the mail two days before our Adams family reunion started, which was an absolutely perfect place to practice my photography.

Our Adams family is officially big enough to have immediate family reunions...I'm sure my parents are feeling old about that!  With six kids, four of which are married, and 11 grandchildren our family is quite a large bunch.
This year mom and dad rented out a cabin up in Sunriver, Oregon over the 4th of July weekend.  We had an amazing time!  We missed Mara and Bradley, serving his mission in Brazil, but it was wonderful to have most of us together.

Day one included a bike ride around the local paths, blowing bubbles with grandpa, playing with nieces and nephews, great food, and lots of laughter.

 
We were all super excited to see Stuart!  He returned from his mission in Sydney, Australia at the beginning of June.  It was fun to see that he is pretty much the same crazy self, just talks more and wears some seriously short rugby shorts!

My little niece, Ellis, is pretty much obsessed with her uncle Dallas.  She is constantly telling him to "kiss me like we're married!"  Of course that is not the most comfortable thing for him, so we've had to tell her a few times that he is my prince charming, not hers :)


There were several bikes at the house we were able to use and the kids loved the carts attached to the back.  Ellis and Emma loved the star treatment!


Brotherly love at the park...
Stuart likes to show off his muscles!

It was so much fun to see all the grandkids interact.  I wish we all lived closer to see each other more often.  Mom planned a bunch of different games for everyone.  On the first day we had an estimation game with M&M's that Max ended up winning, so you can imagine how much fun the kids had with a big tub of chocolate in their bedroom at night!


All the kids LOVED blowing bubbles with grandpa.  The young girls especially have him wrapped around their little fingers.  Maybe because he will give them anything they ask for!  I guess that's what grandpas are for :)

Dad and Mom took us on a beautiful drive around Sunriver as the sun was setting.  I think Dad is just as excited about my new camera as I am.  He definitely has an artist's eye and showed me some gorgeous views.  I sure do love my papa.


Dallas was kind of a baby once the sun started to set...guess he's been in California too long with the heat!

So those are some highlights from day one of our reunion.
I'm loving my new camera!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! You had almost my same camera now! I know I don't have to tell you this because I know you are already loving it... but your going to love it. Now you will have better pictures than me!
    Your fam looks like a blast PS

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed